Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I retrieve my registration information? I paid for CCC in the past, but now I'm trying to use CCC under another user account.
- What if I can't retrieve my registration information?
- When I click on the button to apply my registration settings, my browser says that it can't open this weird-looking URL.
- Why did Firefox report "Corrupted Content Error" when I clicked on the button to apply my registration settings?
- How do I register CCC in one click?
- How do I manually enter a CCC registration code?
- I'm still having trouble. How do I get someone to help me?
If you see a prompt to purchase CCC and you have paid for CCC in the past, you can retrieve your registration information at our website. Simply provide the email address that you used when you paid for CCC, and we'll send your registration information via email. Clicking a button in the email will instantly register CCC (no copying/pasting of registration codes is required).
Your registration code is tied to the name and email provided when the license was purchased. If your email or name are entered incorrectly (capitalization matters!), the license will show as invalid.
To ensure that the license information is applied correctly, just open your license email and click on the "Click Here to Register CCC" button to automatically apply the settings (if prompted, select CCC as the application to use when opening the link).
There are several reasons that this might happen, e.g. you don't have access to the email account you used when you originally paid for CCC or you don't remember which email you used. If you can't automatically retrieve your registration information, we need to verify your previous purchase. Please submit a request for registration assistance and we'll work it out as quickly as possible.
When I click on the button to apply my registration settings, my browser says that it can't open this weird-looking URL.
If you click on the "Click Here to Register CCC" button in the email that you received from us and you get a message similar to "Safari can't open com.bombich.ccc.lic://blah-blah-blah because macOS doesn't recognize Internet addresses starting with com.bombich.ccc.lic", that means that CCC hasn't yet been registered as the application that handles those URLs. Typically CCC is registered as that URL handler when you launch CCC, so be sure that you have downloaded CCC and opened it on the Mac where you're trying to apply the registration settings. If you have already opened CCC (3.5 or later) and you're still getting this message, try entering the registration values manually, or contact us for assistance.
We're here to help. Just contact us via this Registration Assistance form, and we will help you sort it out as quickly as possible.