May 26, 2021
- Fixed a handful of crashers, and some cases where a task would fail, indicating an exception had occurred in the CloneKitService.
- CCC no longer removes the "has a custom icon" bit from the destination volume's root folder, causing the Finder to not show the icon.
- Clicking the "X" widget to dismiss a CCC notification in Notification Center will no longer activate CCC.
- Files that fail postflight verification are now automatically tossed onto CCC's "try it again at the end of the task" queue for a second chance. If the secondary copy and verify fails, then we report the error.
- Fixed an issue in which a task that was configured to create a bootable backup would fail, indicating that the destination volume was read-only.
- Improved the handling of low-space conditions in cases where SafetyNet or snapshots are enabled on the destination.
- Addressed a memory leak that led to task failure while handling sparse files on APFS volumes (e.g. Dropbox online-only placeholder files were a big driver of this one).
- Addressed a handful of cases where a task would errantly report a "subtask timeout" while working through folders with very large numbers of files (e.g. 150K), despite no actual stall occurring.
- When copying content from a volume that has ownership disabled (especially NAS volumes), the ownership of the items on the destination is now set to the user that created the CCC backup task.
- Addressed an edge case in which CCC would miss some folders when copying from an APFS volume to a non-APFS volume (typically when an iTunes Music folder had a non-ASCII character in its name). Note that if you have a Quick Update task that matches this configuration, CCC 6.0.1 will automatically perform a "standard copy" audit of the destination during the next task event.
- Improved the performance of the dynamic performance chart when moving the CCC window from a retina to non-retina display.
- The End User License Agreement, and the preflight and postflight script names now appear correctly in Dark Mode.
- Addressed a performance issue that led to a "subtask timeout" at the end of a task that was using the "Reverify files copied by this task" setting.
- Fixed a loop condition that can occur if a destination NAS volume drops offline in the middle of a task and CCC lacks the credentials to remount that volume.
May 18, 2021
- New file copier that offers faster performance and powers several of the new features noted below.
- Compare: Offers a visual comparison of your task's source and destination, and provides details if the differences are the result of a task filter.
- The new Dashboard offers one-click access to starting, stopping and monitoring your CCC tasks, plus details about recent task activity. The Dashboard also gives you a heads up to snapshot disk usage on the startup disk.
- Postflight verification of files that were copied by the current backup task.
- Ad hoc verification of files that were copied by the current task — source or destination.
- The Snapshot Navigator allows you to step through older versions of your backups and get a preview of your files as they were at specific points in time.
- Quick Update decreases the length of the backup by comparing a reduced list of folders provided by the macOS FSEvents service.
- New scheduling option to run a task when a threshold of modifications have been made on the source.
- Backup audit shows what was copied by your backup tasks, and why.
- Dark Mode support.
- Task Preview: See what changes CCC is going to make before actually making them.
- Per-task control over the file copier's CPU usage.
- You can temporarily pause a backup task.
- A new, cleaner user interface. We reorganized the main window to make it smaller while making many of the controls and font sizes larger.
- Refined Simple Mode – quitting and reopening CCC to switch modes is no longer necessary.
- More detailed progress indication while a task is running, including a time remaining estimate.
- File processing and transfer rates are now charted live during backup tasks.
- Items that cause task errors can be excluded directly from the Task History Errors table.
- CCC's Task Filter now offers support for respecting macOS "backupd" exclusions (i.e. exclusions defined for Time Machine).
October 16, 2020 [macOS Big Sur qualification]
August 20, 2019 [macOS Catalina qualification]
September 17, 2018 [macOS Mojave qualification]
Carbon Copy Cloner 5.1
April 24, 2018
Carbon Copy Cloner 5.0
August 24, 2017 [macOS High Sierra qualification]
Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.10
September 16, 2016 [macOS Sierra qualification]
Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.4
September 1, 2015 [OS X El Capitan qualification]
Carbon Copy Cloner 4.0
October 1, 2014 [Mac OS X Yosemite qualification]
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.5.3
October 22, 2013
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.5
July 20, 2012
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.4
July 20, 2011
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.3
September 21, 2009
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.2
March 18, 2009
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.1
March 24, 2008
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.0
September 18, 2007
Carbon Copy Cloner 2.3
October 23, 2003
Carbon Copy Cloner 2.0
November 19, 2002
Carbon Copy Cloner 1.0
January 18, 2002