We've had so many new features in the oven for a while, and now we're finally ready to share it with the world! CCC 6 offers unprecedented accountability for your backups and insight into what's changing on your Mac, plus a brand new file copier that's faster, smarter, and designed to adapt to Apple's fast pace of OS and filesystem innovation.
Take a look at what's new in CCC 6:
- Faster backups with our next-generation file copier
- Quick Update: Update your backups up to 20x faster
- Redesigned interface with Dark Mode, real time task performance info and estimated time remaining
- Snapshot navigator: Easy way to explore older versions of files
- CCC Dashboard: The new menubar app, now with snapshot disk usage
- Run backups "When files are modified on the source"
- Task Preview: See what will happen before you back up
- Backup Audit: Review what was copied and why
- Compare: Visual comparison of the source and destination
- Advanced file verification options
- Pause a backup, and several other features our users have asked for
The core CCC backup features you know and love are now better than ever!
We've completely rebuilt our file copier to take advantage of the performance characteristics of modern storage. Built on a multi-threaded design, our new file copier provides a foundation for many of the new features noted below, and paves the way for many new features in the future.
CCC can now tap into the macOS FSEvents service for a list of folders modified on the source since the last backup rather than scanning every folder for changes. Especially for tasks involving a destination network volume, the performance benefit of this feature cannot be understated!
It’s been a while since we’ve given CCC’s interface an update and think you’ll enjoy its sleek new look. CCC’s main window is reorganized to make it smaller while making many of the controls and font sizes larger. We completely redesigned every element in CCC to offer a high quality Dark Mode experience. CCC now offers more detailed progress indication while a task is running, including a time remaining estimate. File processing and transfer rates are now... Read More